How do I?

Welcome to our ‘How do I?’ section of our website.

This page will help patients with a variety of things that you might need to know and will aid as a useful guide to patients.


Should the service that you receive from our practice not meet your requirements and the high standard aspired to by the practice then please let us know. We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If this is not possible then please inform us as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days.

Please email your complaint to to [email protected]

or write to us at the following address;

The Beeches Medical Centre, 20 Ditchfield Road, Widnes, Cheshire, WA8 8QS

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days by letter or email and aim to fully investigate your complaint within 10 working days of the date it was received. If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when you can expect our response. When we review your compliant , we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned; make sure you receive an apology if appropriate and take steps to prevent such problems arising again.

You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigation.


We have to adhere to strict rules of confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone you will need to obtain their written consent to do so, (unless there is incapacity through illness). 

TAKING IT FURTHERWhat happens if I prefer to complain directly to the commissioning organisation?

How you make a complaint about primary care services is changing on 1 July 2023 

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or service, and this is written into the NHS Constitution on GOV.UK. 

From 1 July 2023 the way members of the public make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner is changing.  

 By primary care services we mean GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services. 

There are two ways you can make a complaint: 

  • You can complain to the healthcare provider: this is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example a GP surgery or dental surgery.   
  • You can complain to the commissioner of the service: this is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received. 

After 1 July 2023 if you want to make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner you will now contact NHS Cheshire and Merseyside integrated care board instead of NHS England. 

You can do this by: 

  • Telephone: 0800 132 996
  • Writing to us at:  Patient Experience Team, No 1 Lakeside, 920 Centre Park Square, Warrington, WA11QY.

If you want to make a complaint directly to the provider of the primary care service, you still can – that does not change on the 1 July 2023. 

Members of the public with ongoing complaints received on/after 1 July 2022 will receive a letter from NHS England informing them that NHS Cheshire and Merseyside is now handling their complaint with confirmation of their case handler. 

Members of the public with any ongoing complaints received before 1 July 2022 will receive a letter from NHS England informing them that their complaint is being retained by NHS England with confirmation of their case handler. 

Find out more about how to feedback or make a complaint about an NHS service 

You can also complain to CQC – Care Quality Commission tel: 03000 616161.

We invite and welcome patient discussion and feed back. 

If you have any suggestions or compliments regarding the practice, please use the feedback form below and the management team will discuss your suggestions with the Partners of the practice.

Please do not use this feedback form to make a complaint


Please see our dedicated new registration page by clicking below;

New Registrations Page
Change Your Contact Details (address)
Current Address
Current Address
Post Code
Previous Address if recently moved house
Previous Address if recently moved house
Post Code
Would you like to receive text message reminders?
What is your Smoking Status?
If you currently smoke, would you be interested in stopping smoking?
How many alcohol units do you consume per day?
If you do not have a home BP machine or you do not know your blood pressure, then please come into the surgery and use our free BP machine located in reception. Please ask reception for a gold token.

This applies between the hours of 18:30 – 08:00 on weekdays, all hours on weekends and Bank holidays when the surgery is closed.

Patients should use the appropriate option for their medical needs;

NHS 111

111 is the NHS non-emergency number. It’s fast, easy and free. Call 111 and speak to a highly trained adviser, supported by healthcare professionals. They will ask you a series of questions to assess your symptoms and immediately direct you to the best medical care for you.

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones and is also available online at

PC24 – Primary Care 24

PC24 is our out of hours provider and is commissioned by NHS England and Cheshire and Merseyside ICB (formerly Halton CCG)

Please contact PC24 on 0151 254 2553


For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, you should call 999.

Local Pharmacies and Care at Chemist

A pharmacist could help you if you have any of the following conditions;